WORLD HERITAGE DESTINATION

WORLD HERITAGE DESTINATION

Monday, August 31, 2009



Good morning all,

Today is MERDEKA Day for all Malaysians! This day of Indepence was achieved 52 years ago with much passion and honor for the glory and emancipation of self rule.

HIDUP MALAYSIA ! HIDUP MALAYSIA ! HIDUP MALAYSIA !

For half a century, the sacrifices of thousands if not millions of former Malaysians of all walks of life has ensured the safety and sanctity of generations of Malaysians irrespective of Color, Creed or Communion.

WE TAKE A MOMENT TO PRAY THIS SACRIFICE WILL NOT BE BLINDED NOR WASTED ON THOSE OF OUR PRESENT GENERATION.



In celebrating this auspicious date, which this year falls on the HOLY MONTH OF RAMADAN,(In the past few days since the Muslim fasting month started), many an invite had I received to partake with my muslim friends and brothers in their break of Fast.

Noting that it be merely another occasion to feast and be in the company of GOOD FOOD for me and my family, I also realize with humbleness in my hearts that for my muslim brethrens it be a time of self recollection for them………..of confronting adversity and of understanding hunger and pain and more importantly …………. of taking control of humanly emotions.

One of the terms of reference of the Muslim ibadah /faith , I’ve been explained, is to experience the hunger and suffering of the poor.

It is meant for the followers to take time and reflect on where they are, where they are going and whether they have the correct aptitude and moral courage for life on this earth.

While some of us are now approaching an age and time where the little body aches and bone pains manifest ( themselves )constantly, and as we become much more aware of the physical, mental and emotional pain and sufferings in life, let us pray and hope for man to be able to face life's adversities with courage and dignity , in a way that befits our calling...

To digress, allow me to share with you, dear readers, the thought and writings of the controversial Lebanese poet Khalil Gibran who once wrote:


O love, whose lordly hand

Has bridled my desires,

And raised my hunger and my thirst

To dignity and pride,

Let not the strong in me and the constant

Eat the bread or drink the wine

That tempt my weaker self.

Let me rather starve,

And let my heart parch with thirst,

And let me die and perish,

Ere I stretch my hand

To a cup you did not fill,

Or a bowl you did not bless
.




I take this opportunity to wish "Selamat Berpuasa" to all my Muslim brethren near and far.



Regards,

Gunabalan

Blog Archive

MALAYSIAN FLAG

MALAYSIAN FLAG

"Rojak " Video By The Suleiman Brothers

object width="425" height="344">

The Malacca Story (Chinese version)

with courtesy to asmaliana-BPP

The Malacca Story (part 2)

The Malacca Story (part 3)

With courtesy to Asmaliana-BPP