Today, we are proudly entering our thirty first annual general meeting of the Malacca Tourism Association.
We recognize that tourism in Malacca is booming aggressively and look forward to playing a steering role in promoting our members ideals and business.
MTA is a representation that has the membership strength of more than 87 tourism players, businesses and organizations in Malacca which includes travel agents, hotels, theme parks, restaurants, and economic development agencies within the city’s 12 sub sectors that is involved in our Tourism Service and Industry.
After another successful year, the Malacca Tourism Association (MTA) 14 Executive Council members are again gearing up to continue their energetic support for the development of the state’s tourism industry in 2013/2014
As the Malacca TA enters its early thirties, it is with much pride that we acknowledge the Malacca State government’s recognition of the association’s significant achievements in the
promise of supporting & promoting the 750-year old historical city tourism efforts. At our last General Meeting the keynote address given by Datuk Ghazale clearly stated the appreciation and recognition of our efforts.
The Tourism related and services sector business community in Melaka look forward to complementing our administrations plans and implementations for higher tourist numbers to visit our fair city.
We are geared towards a win –win situation in moving forward with the state in projecting Melaka as the key destination for tourism in Malaysia.” said Madelina Kuah, President Elect of MTA 2012/2014
The past, present and future efforts of our steering committee is always geared to assisting our members.
To enhance the Association’s professional and international image, MTA has established long term tourism cooperation relationship with many foreign tourism boards/ organizations
in ASEAN e.g Thailand, Macao & Indonesia.
The associations 2014 plans include :
1. Ko Samui Out of Town Meeting
2. Chap Goh Mei Festival On 14-2-2014–Organized by Hotel Seri Malaysia Melaka & MTA
3. Chinese New Year Writing & Brush painting at The Shore @ Malacca River
4. Golf Tournament 2014-Akademi Pelancongan Melaka
5. MTS & MTA Cycling Hunt at Menara Taming Sari, Melaka
6. PDRM & MTA –Crime Awareness
7. 7th Malacca International Tennis Federation Championship (1-8.3. 2014)
8. & 4th Malacca Asia Tennis Federation to be held in June 2014
9. Anugerah Pelancongan Melaka 2014
10. Tourism Malaysia Melaka-Visit Malaysia Year 2014 –Road Show/Exhibition
11. Tourism Malaysia Melaka-Visit Malaysia Year 2014 –Malaysia Truly Asia
We submit our work relationship with the Ministry Of Tourism, Tourism Malaysia in the promotion and development of Melaka tourism is good
and has helped our members at the association level.
Our association has also helped our members to participate in the state tourism departments travel fairs to create trading platform for the
tourism industry peer’s and consumers to promote and enhance the association members business in their respectively industries..
With the support and encouragements given to us so far & due supports from government agencies we shall further strengthen the influx of tourists to Melaka.
She also reports on several activities carried out by the association, such as :
1) Supporting and participation in events and travel marts organized by Tourism Board,government agencies and NGOs
2) Courtesy call and dialogue sessions with the Malacca Chief Minister,
3) Familiarization tour & meetings with industry personnel in Bangkok, Vietnam and Cambodia,
4) Conducting & supporting conducted front liner courses, branding & Image seminars
5) Updating on articles and members’ activities in the MTA website and Newsletter
6) Medical Health Event with the support of our health care members
7) Fund Raising/ Welfare for School Program and CSR programmes
8) Assisting fully through Sports tourism with Lawn Tennis Association Melaka
This association and steering committee looks forward to serving the industry and its members to further uplift the industry standards and returns.